I have spoken

My PLN and inclusion experience.

In my point of view, one’s PLN can be a dynamic activity that we all are benefited from during our daily lives.  And it can be diverse in many aspects. For my own PLN, I constructed it through different platforms with different features. I usually have both offline PLN and online PLN, personally, I prefer the offline one since talking and learning face-to-face is an inspirational and spiritual journey. For now, due to the impact of COVID-19, the majority of the time I spend on my PLN is online which also has its own advantages.  One of the most important features is diversity. Cross platforms learning tools enlarge the chance to meet diverse individuals and learners which in turn will relatively create an inclusive educational environment. For my own experience, I have three group projects in areas of sociology, education, and environmental study, constructed on three platforms which include Microsoft Teams, Imessage, and Zoom. People with different professional backgrounds and unique ideas are able to share and contribute to the project.

For my professional learning, I tend to concentrate on the subject so a similar theme is necessary for effectiveness. In consideration of that, I joined a discord community that embraced a more inclusive and diverse experience because it provides the ultimate channels for various interests and ideas. We also encourage a respectful atmosphere in which we respect each other’s identities whether it’s sexual orientations or religion, etc.

To have a deeper understanding of inclusion, PLN is a good example and a good place to comprehend the concept of inclusion along the way of using and embracing it. I think we can ask the question of how inclusive the PLN is in different situations or platforms? How can I contribute to the groups in order to motivate each other to appreciate or learn from people with diverse ideas and abilities? As long as we are following ourselves rather than the rules, we are able to build inclusive education to matching dimensions.

After readings and videos, I found it’s reasonable to interpret inclusive education as the evolve of a new form of education that dedicate to motivate individual diversity. It offers a prospect that we can achieve if we make progress in reconstructing the old wavy and deficits system.

« »