I have spoken

Engaging your PLN

1.Consider how you can use the PLN interactions of this course to further your digital identity post-term.

My digital identity was not fully developed before this course because I couldn’t conceptualize what is ” digital identity” even sometimes I will express myself online on the basis of my digital identity. Once I captured how digital identity works and how it can contribute to different dimensions of my life living in a such technology advanced society today, I start to draw a script of my digital identity in my head. Throughout the course, I have already written a lot of blogs that carry my own expression of opinions and received feedbacks. In the group chat, I have discussed and shared, we also have google documents to work on cooperatly. All these interactions helped me a lot in further develop my digital identity as an unique individual!

2.What does it mean to have a digital identity in your industry of choice and can your current PLN be used to help professional development post-course?

Having a digital identity in the sociology area can be very beneficial, it can be a perfect tool to interact with people or observe society through the lens of modern industry where people have separated characteristics for online and real life. Introducing the concept of digital identity provides a new perspective for me or my teammates to select the subject matter when it comes to doing researches. For instance, how do people balance the existence of digital individuality between social solidarity?

3.As you progress through the steps of your career, can your PLN be relied on to open professional opportunities?

It depends on which stage I’m in during my career to consider should I using the full potential of my PLN to reach out for opportunities. If I am a student who just graduated from university and I am totally unsure about my future career or areas that I will work in, considering chances to encounter inspiration or job opportunities in my PLN can be an effective way to get started. However, if I have already settled down to a particular business, PLN can be used to professionalize rather than expand.

« »